- Can I get Visa on Arrival (VOA)
- Who are eligible to get VOA?
- Is the VOA difficult to get?
- What is VOA fee?
- Can I change my money at airport?
- Can I get VOA at Land borders?
- If I overstay then what will happen?
- Should I pay any Airport tax while leaving?
- From Airport how can I go to main city?
- Where can I find budget hotels?
- How can I book Rocket Steamer ticket?
- What is the banking hour?
- Q.When is the weekly holiday?
Yes VOA is available at Dhaka Shahjala Int. Airport and all international airport of Bangladesh.
All nationals (except a. India, b. Pakistan, c. Algeria, d. Sudan, e. Iraq & f. Afghanistan & g. Israel) are eligible to get VOA at Dhaka airport.
Not at all. It is very easy to get VOA at Dhaka airport. The booth is open 24 hours and procedure is normal. Just go the respective booth, provide your passport (No need photocopy, they will do it), Pay the fees (different fees as per Nationality) and get 4 Weeks visa stamp on your passport.
This fee is USD 51 for all nationals.
Yes. There are several banks those are open 24 hours. You can exchange the money from these bank.
You can get VOA at any Land borders.
If you overstay less that 30 days, you have to pay fine USD 3/day for first 15 days and USD 4/day for next days. But some travelers told me that at land border, the immigration officers ignored this and did not collect fine from them.
NO, you need not to pay any Airport Tax if you leave by air. But if you leave by land, you have to pay Taka 300 at land border.
You can hire a taxi or Tuk Tuk (Locally called CNG). Such a Taxi will take Taka 600/800 and CNG 500/600 till Dhaka city. But if your luggages are not so heavy, walk 200 meters and come main road. Then find a CNG which will cost much less .
Go to Press club or Gulistan area. You will find several budget hotels within the range of USD 5-10/per night.
Only possible to book over phone. It is safer to book 15 days before the trip. The phone number is +880 955 9779 (Mr. Faisal).
From 10 am-4 p.m. Sun-Thursday.
Friday and Saturday weekly holidays.